1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector FAQ

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nunew33, Jun 19, 2003.

1. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    This is really a moderator question...

But this forum gets a lot of newbie questions that generally are repeated and there are some pretty knowledgeable people here.

Is it worth setting up a sticky newbie FAQ that covers the essentials and provides handy links. Is it worth doing a canvas for what ought to be in a FAQ and then setting it up.

I did one for the digital cameras which a number of people have found useful and I think this one could benefit from one too.

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I think you raise a good point, but there are already a couple of FAQ sections directly accessible from this page. Perhaps the sign posting isn't good enough for newbies to find the info easily. Here's a guide...

Go to the right hand one of the two dropdown menu boxes above, click the down arrow and select AV FAQ, or on the left of the same banner click on the hyperlink "New to home cinema? Wise up with our beginners' guides".

There is also some excellent info on the websites of the forum sponsors. It's useful to have a look at Convergent AV Gordon is a regular poster and his advice is always accurate and concise. Links to the sponsors sites are available through the our sponsors hyperlinktowards the top of the page.

I think the idea of a sticky FAQ is very good. Perhaps the existing info could be moved there or it could contain useful hyperlinks to resources within this site. Mods - what do you think?

Regards