Projector demo's oop north?

county angler

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm heading up North for a week after Xmas to see family and friends and was wondering if anyone could suggest somewhere I can take the Mrs to demo a couple of projectors, in the hope that it will convince her 'we need one' which of course we do.

I'll be staying at Mums in Holmfirth, Huddersfield but will be visiting various people and places in Sheffield, Manchester and Chester.

I'll be looking at a budget projector (like the 720p optoma's) so I don't need to see anything special but living in deepest, darkest Cornwall there is just nowhere to have a look at just how good they can be.

Also, with it being a busy shopping period I was wondering what is the protocol for booking a demo? I guess you just won't be able to stroll in and ask?

Could anyone suggest somewhere that will be able to sort me out?

Cheers in advance.

Allan at Idealav is in Normanton near Leeds so not far from Huddersfield but he tends to be in higher end pj's although he may have an Epson TW6000.

If you are looking lower down the range a little Roy Jowetts of Colne should be able to demo an Optoma or two.

Yeah those 2 are probably your best bet, in Huddersfield atm myself and other than Richersounds I can't think of any places in Sheffield either (from there originally).

Got my first PJ from RJ's and they have a nice demo room upstairs with quite a few PJ's set up (or did when I went :) )

Allan at Idealav is in Normanton near Leeds...

Much as I hate to pull rank as a local lad. :D

Normanton is near-ish to Leeds, but effectively part of Wakefield.

I live in Huddy and work in Wakey, and Al isn't too far from where I work. However, Holmfirth is on the 'wrong' side of Huddy for Normanton - you're looking at up to an hour, depending on what time you travel.

Nonetheless, that's still probably your best bet.

If you are looking lower down the range a little Roy Jowetts of Colne should be able to demo an Optoma or two.

Aye, that's what I was thinking as next best bet.

Steve W

Cheers for the info Lads. I can remember playing rugby against Normanton! It's a bit of a mission though. That said, Wakeys not the end of the world as I've got a mate near pugneys I'll be dropping in on. Hopefully someone in Manchester will be able to help though as I'll be fairly central for a couple of days and it might save a trip in an already packed schedule!

We're about an hours travel by car. We have the Optoma HD67n 720p projector available to demo plus a few 1080p projectors.

Regards, Shane.

sounds a bit fussy but i told the tesco guy at direct about this (needing a demo) and he said just buy the one you want from us and if you demo it and dont ike it just bring it back and get a refund....bit fussy but gets it done ?

Cheers for the info Lads. I can remember playing rugby against Normanton! It's a bit of a mission though. That said, Wakeys not the end of the world as I've got a mate near pugneys I'll be dropping in on. Hopefully someone in Manchester will be able to help though as I'll be fairly central for a couple of days and it might save a trip in an already packed schedule!

Hi

Pugneys is 10 mins away and Holmfirth i`d say takes 35-40 mins

Pj`s on demo atm are JVC X30/X70, Sony 30/95, Epson 6000/9000

cheers

Allan @ Ideal AV

If you want to travel even further mate (I am sure you don't but the offer is there) you can come and see my setup but I am t'other side of Lincoln. I have a 720p Infocus X9 that I love(but would still like to upgrade he he)

SteveCritten said:
If you want to travel even further mate (I am sure you don't but the offer is there) you can come and see my setup but I am t'other side of Lincoln. I have a 720p Infocus X9 that I love(but would still like to upgrade he he)

Thanks for the very kind offer buddy but it's a but far a field. It's always nice to show your gear off though eh! We are having a Xmas party tonight and the grills are coming off of the speakers for the first time in a few months. I even dusted them all off.

I expect I'll pop and see one of the shops that have posted above and will try to call in advance. Which one just depends on how things go and how much time we have to spare.

Cheers guys.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom