1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector Connectivity Help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by marshy.dave, Oct 17, 2005.

1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

After having my 42" plasma for 2 years now I have decided I need that cinema screen experience and want to upgrade to projector and screen. Here's my problem.

Currently all my kit sits neatly under my plasma in a purpose built pine cabinet at the front of my room. I have PS2, Digi box, X-Box, DVD Player AMP, Video Recorder etc...

If I move my plasma to another room and replace with a nice big electric screen and put the projector at the back of the room, how do I connect everything to the projector? Do I have to move the sources to the back and leave the amp where it is? Is it possible to get an AV box similar to I have on my plasma and route everythiong through it, and just have one lead out to the porojector.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Dave.

p.s My room is 23ft long by 15ft wide. I will be viewing length ways

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,343
    I use a projector that will accept RGBs (from SCART) and a Quintro+ SCART switch.
    The SCART switch takes PS2, DVD and Tivo (inc TeleWest+VCR) all using RGB signals.
    It outputs one RGB SCART feed to the TV and another to a SCART adapter (4 phonos for RGBs). I use 2 sets of 2 connector long run phono cables around the room to the projector.
    My screen goes in front of the TV - we use the TV for everyday viewing and the projector for movies and the odd football match.

All the sound sources are connected separately to the amp using the best connection method for the source.