Answered Projector Connection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Russ 66, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Russ 66

Russ 66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,468
    I am planning on getting a Sony HW40ES projector later in the year and I am currently planning the install.

My current receiver only has one HDMI output so I will have to go amp - HDMI splitter - 10m HDMI cable to projector. The route of the cable means its very easy to change if I need to.

I know that HDMI cables are only rated at high speed for 8m and it is a bit of a lottery if they work beyond this.

I do know that there are a few people out there using splitters and 8m + HDMI cables.
    Looking at Amazon and the AA's on here there are loads of different splitters and HDMI cables available, could you please let me know what cables and splitters that work in your system.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by razy60, Jul 2, 2015 (1 points)
  3. razy60

razy60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Best Answer
    I was using a Neet 10m cable and splitter from Neet cables on Amazon, don't use the splitter so much now as I changed my amp. Still use the HDMI lead lead though, in fact use a number of there leads, good product, price and after sales.

4. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,039
    Yes as above, never had any issues with neet products.

5. Russ 66

Russ 66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,468
    I noticed on the Neet HDMI splitter that it is 1.3 and not rated for full HD 3D.
    They do do a 4K version but I am sure @KelvinS1965 had some problems with it.
    Are there any other recommendations?
    There is also Cablesson cables / splitters and Aten splitters.

6. paulr2006

paulr2006
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,508
    Whilst I prefer the Cablesson one (I have used several of these without issue) The Neet one does in fact do Full HD 3D although not listed as such it was confirmed by Neet CS, there CS is excellent by the way.

7. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,108
    Yes I did; drop outs using 1080p let alone 4K (upscaled from my Lumagen VP) and it wouldn't pass DTS MA even though I specifically asked if it would before buying (the EDID prevents my Oppo sending DTS MA though it). Sent it back, got a refund, but annoyingly they didn't refund the postage even though it didn't meet the spec and do what I'd asked if it would do.

8. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +439
    When I first set up my projector, I used a 10m cable and got drop outs all the time. Adding a Neet splitter solved it and it passed Full HD and 3D without any issues.

When I got a Darblet, I removed the Neet as I didn't want too much in the chain and the dropouts came back. Moving to a 7.5m cable was the only thing that solved it with the Darblet.

I'd suggest trying the Neet splitter to see if it works for you. As has already been said, their CS is excellent and you will definitely be able to return it if it doesn't work in your set up.

9. Russ 66

Russ 66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,468
    Thanks for all of the replies.
    It looks like I will give the cheaper non 4k Neet one ago or the Aten one. I also see HD fury do a splitter which looks quite interesting.
    If neither work I could always upgrade my AVR to a two output HDMI :devil:.
    I will have to see what the new Anthems will be like later in the year.