Projector Comparison Help

W

wirelesscop

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the projector world and was hoping for some suggestions. I have been looking at the Mitsubishi HC3000 projector and was wondering if their was one out there that was comparable in quality, features and price. I have looked and looked and can't seem to find one that would be up to par for the price of $1,600-$2,000, depending on where you shop.

Can anyone out there recommend other projectors that I should be looking at that might be better or have more features than the HC3000 in the $1700-$2,000 ish price range?

The only real downside I have read about the HC3000 is the lack of lens shift. This won't even be an issue for me as I am going to be mounting it on the ceiling and have a straight shot from the outlet to the screen.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Oakleyspatz

The HC3000's best trait is in its ability to reproduce blacks. They are superb and better the Infocus 7210 which is a considerably more expensive model. It has excellent colours and is compact and almost silent in operation.
Down side?
Well, the colour wheel/speed is not as high as some others which may increase the likelihood of seeing rainbows (It was fine for me though) and the video processing could be better (some others have a Faroudja de-interlacer inside which does a much better job) but this is easily overcome.
I would consider the Optoma H72, the BenQ PE7700 and the Infocus In76 but in my mind, they will all struggle to better the underrated Mitsubishi

Top Bottom