Projector choice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chilly, Jan 12, 2004.

1. chilly

chilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I am currently stuck between the Epson EMP-TW10 and the Hitachi PJ-TX10, the Hitachi gets slightly better review results but has been around longer while the Epson comes with a 3 year next day warranty which seems appealing, my concern is that my house has high ceilings, I need to ceiling mount but can only bring the projector down to a level where the lens in level with the top of the screen, the Epson has electronic keystone while the Hitachi has manual and electronic adjustments, the ceiling mount I am considering also has three way adjustment, am I reading into this too much or is this a problem.

2. Seahorse

Seahorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Get a longer ceiling mount as Keystone degrades picture quality. The 3 way adjustment will allow you to fine tune the set up...

3. Mr Sparkle

Mr Sparkle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Chilly,
    I have the PJ-TX10...the manual lens shift (vertical and horizontal) gives you soooooo much versatility with the placement/mounitng of the projector. Optically, I'd guess the Epson and Hitachi are about the same. If you have mounting issues, I'd go the for PJ-TX10.

Hope this helps.

Mr Sparkle

4. chilly

chilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, I have now ordered the Hitachi along with an LMP mount, looking forward to it, cheers.

5. RajUK

RajUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've a pjtx10 too

along with a projecta screen (not short hand, the company really is called projecta)

xbox and sony dvpns730 on component input is fine with it

next is a few years wait for an affordable 3-chip dlp, heh