Projector choice,first projector,whats best ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by silverback1, Feb 8, 2009.

1. silverback1

silverback1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi guys,after advice on choice of projector,been into hifi/av for year's,like most forum member's want a good picture quality,something that i'm not going to sit there and constantly find fault with! so my question is rather than spend 2000.00 on a new 5090 pioneer plasma can i get a good projector,screen(manual will do) worth watching for the same outlay?Throw will be 5m,screen size no bigger than 96" diagonal,will only be used for films and maybe aliitle sky hd,thanks for any practical help.Forgot to add room is pretty good blackout level,wall's in room are all white and will be staying that they!!! room size 5.3m x 3.6m,thanks.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,093
    I would not like my setup to be projector only as for casual watching a pj screen is to large.You would also loose the magic in my view from watching everything on a 96" screen.

But with £2k you can have both,spend £500 on a decent 42" plasma and the other £1500 on a pj setup.You can get a Sony HW10 or Mitsubishi 5500, Optoma IN80 or Infocus X10 all within buget.

3. silverback1

silverback1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for the reply..should of put i already have a pioneer 43" plasma,wanted to add the projector setup to complete the cinema but i was unsure of the quality i would get,picture wise against moving to a larger plasma,sorry for the confussion,thanks again.

4. FrazerT

FrazerT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6