Projector Centrals Z4 Review

L

lw32

Very impressive. If the Z4 really is that good, then I can't see how high-end DLP is going to compete. You could even end up with worse performance!

For the PLV-Z4 could be placed side-by-side with the most expensive high-end single-chip DLP projectors that are six times its price and hold its own in head-to-head performance.

We dare suggest that in a shoot-out between the Z4 and any of the high-end DLP products wherein the models were not revealed to the audience in advance, the PLV-Z4 might actually be favored by some consumers for its exceptional contrast, deep color saturation, and image sharpness.
Time for some DLP price reductions I think. :)

L

lw32

Hmm, I've just read ROne's review which seems to be in complete contrast with ProjectorCentral. :confused:

I must admit, the dynamic iris is putting me off even considering these LCD PJs - no matter how good their contrast may be. These iris' are great in principle but the implementation needs a bit of work.

Anyway, my H57 is still wowing me, so I'll probably wait until the 1080 machines are available and skip 720 altogether. :)

Seadog-Peter

Standard Member
I had a look at the Z4 yesterday playing StarWars episode 2 (thanks to NexNix open day), but found the blacks lacked a whole heap of detail that I can see on my 36" Toshiba - This might have been set up of course!
I also noticed distortion on panning shots that firmed up once the image stopped moving - fuzzy edges that snapped back to solid once panning motion was finished. All in all dissapointing and on this basis its not for me which is a pity given the cost Vs DLP.

ROne

Projector central's reviews are just plain silly.

They are not objective at all, and are more "let's keep everyone happy." But then again I've never used their information to make a decision.

To say that the Z4 is a massive leap over the Z3 is just plain wrong, and they constantly alluded to this.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom