1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector Central Z1 Review

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stevelup, Dec 19, 2002.

1. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Hi

Just thought I'd let anyone who is interested know that Projector Central have finally posted their review on the Z1.

There is no mention in the review about the optical geometry problems they were experiencing with their first test model which is odd...

Projector Central - Sanyo PLV-Z1 Review

Steve

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve.

I bought a PLV-Z1 a week ago after seeing one in action. I don't know why but I had to read the projector central review to see....well I don't know really...if I should be happy with my purchase :confused:

I've got to stop doing that. I was really happy with my Leowe Xelos tv until I read the HCC review :rolleyes:

Jus.

3. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    I thought it was quite a good review actually. It was a bit brief though...

I was expecting them to compare it unfavourably with the Infocus X1 as (on paper) this unit is brighter and has a higher contrast ratio.

It will be interesting to see what happens with regard to the fan cycling problems in low power mode.

I have the service manuals for the PLC-XF20 and PLC-XF40 on my desk. On those models it is possible to adjust the fan speeds from the service menu. Hopefully this will also be true on the Z1.

Steve

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea. Sorry. I was happy with the review as well...which totally surprised me.

5. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    To be honest I've never known PC to review an LCD and hammer it. They always seem to have something good to say, because they have commercial interest.

Having said that very few publications give bad reviews out, and I'm not naming any names but I implicitly take british HC mags reviews with a pinch of salt.

Having said that I think the Z1 is great for the money. Now if we could only cure the Vertical banding and combing on fast pans.

I am going through the service menu now and testing stuff, will be getting a manual soon, will keep you posted.