1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector ceiling mount

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Thrash, May 11, 2003.

1. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just received a projector ceiling mount made by a friend of a friend. It's made of aluminium and very light but strong. I will need to build my own plate with the appropriately spaced holes to afix the projector but this shouldn't be any great problem.

I would imagine the cost will be less than £20 in total and is obviously much cheaper than other options.

I'll get some photographs of it tonight and post them. Next step is to see if he can mass produce them :D

2. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thrash,

Your setup looks first class, nice mount is there any tilt adjustment or is it fixed only.

Klippie.

4. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is no tilt adjustment as I didn't want to use keystone correction. The verticle adjustment will mean I can get it at exactly the right height for the screen. I'm going to hit B&Q today to get a couple of bits to attach the mount to the ceiling and create a mounting plate for the projector. I'll take more pics when up.

5. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    Nice room - looks just like mine!!

I used black carpet on my screen wall, what did you use?

I also used Kodak 18% grey for the walls and ceiling so that any light reflection wouldn't wash out the screen.

To reduce the lively sound the room had, deading the walls below ear height and carpetting the screen wall and floor made a world of difference.

Gary.

6. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gary, I used blackboard paint for the screen wall, cheap and very matt black. I will get round to painting the rest of the room a more non reflective colour at some point.

The layout of the room does lend itself to put carpet up to where the ceiling slopes, unfortunately the room was built by the previous occupant, carpeted etc so that will have to wait.

7. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's the ceiling mount in place. Needed a few tweaks but I've learned a lot that I'll use in MkII if I ever get round to it. Will need to get some more trunking and a longer VGA cable to tidy things up but overall I'm very pleased with the result.

I've added more pictures of the mount in situ.