Projector ceiling mount that can angle forwards towards screen

Brummer

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am building a combined home theatre and golf simulator room. In order to avoid shadows being cast on the screen by the golfer I need to use a short throw projector. Given this, screen size, projector chosen and throw distance ideally I need the projector to be 2.8 to 3.2m from the screen. This allows for the zoom on the projector.

Unfortunately there is a skylight ( which I was going to leave in place but black out) directly where I need to mount. I could attach to the ceiling at about 3.6m from the screen but that makes it too far away even with the zoom maxed out. The next step up projector wise seems to be non short throw which Jump to at least 4.5m or more throw distance ( but that would create shadow issues I’m trying to avoid in the golf simulator situoation).

Can anyone recommend a mount or solution? Would need to be able to extend down from the ceiling between 40cm and 60cm. Would need to be able to mount to a ceiling which slopes from right to left. I’m picturing how wall mounts can have an extension arm which enables you to select the throw distance when you place on the rear wall. However I need it to mount from the slopes ceiling and then “extend” towards the screen to reduce throw distance.

Hope that makes sense. Happy to try and explain if this is nonsensical

Cheers

I think you need to elaborate. Perhaps add photos or drawings of the room.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom