Projector Canvas Adhesive question

nekranomakon

Standard Member
hey all ive recently purchased a projector, ceiling mount and a canvas for my childrens bedroom

the canvas is around 78" now when i ordered it being a projector novice and knowing nothing about them i expected a roll down type screen just a small misconception on my part, it however came folded in a bag.

i have found a piece of board to attach the canvas to.

so my few questions are

Is it ok to iron the canvas to straighten out the lines from it being folded? if i place it between 2 sheets for instance.

Is it possible to use some type of adhesive such as carpet spray adhesive from a can to adhere the canvas to my board or would it be better to stretch the canvas out over the board and attach it around the edges using my staple gun?

i think thats it for now look forward to your replies :)

chienmetallique

nekranomakon said:
hey all ive recently purchased a projector, ceiling mount and a canvas for my childrens bedroom

the canvas is around 78" now when i ordered it being a projector novice and knowing nothing about them i expected a roll down type screen just a small misconception on my part, it however came folded in a bag.

i have found a piece of board to attach the canvas to.

so my few questions are

Is it ok to iron the canvas to straighten out the lines from it being folded? if i place it between 2 sheets for instance.

Is it possible to use some type of adhesive such as carpet spray adhesive from a can to adhere the canvas to my board or would it be better to stretch the canvas out over the board and attach it around the edges using my staple gun?

i think thats it for now look forward to your replies :)

From personal experience i'd go with stretch and staple, make sure you have plenty of staples! Start in the top middle, then bottom middle, then side middles stretching as you go then working out to the corners a little at a time to make sure the creases end up behind the corner. Hope that makes sense.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom