Projector Calibration N. Ireland

Manfonse

Hey, after reading recently about projector calibration and the benefits of it, I would like my Epson 9000W professionally calibrated. Anyone know anyone in Belfast or around Ulster who might do it?

Thanks

grogs316

Hi, I spoke with a guy called Jonathan Adair a few years back. He was ISF and thx qualified I think. Was going to get my projector done but didn't bother in the end. He was a member on here, maybe search for him and see if you can contact him. No idea what he is like though but he seemed like a decent guy

Shanksy7

Novice Member
Yea Jonathan Adair does do it. I actually work with him in his day job, if you want I can pass you his number or pass a message on for you.

Manfonse

Yea Jonathan Adair does do it. I actually work with him in his day job, if you want I can pass you his number or pass a message on for you.
Yes, pls PM me his number. I would like to get a chat with him.

Many thanks!

Glenzo

Hi, is this guy still calibrating projectors? I’ve a Sony 4K and it seems worth it.

Luminated67

Hey, after reading recently about projector calibration and the benefits of it, I would like my Epson 9000W professionally calibrated. Anyone know anyone in Belfast or around Ulster who might do it?

Thanks
Send a PM to @Gordon @ Convergent AV, he comes over and over a period of days heads all of the country both North and South calibrating systems.

He did mine last year.

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Another vote for Gordon, he calibrated my unit and it looks fantastic, great service and a gent as well.

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Epson 9400, it threw a nice picture before, gorgeous one now.

Luminated67

Epson 9400, it threw a nice picture before, gorgeous one now.
Same here and it’s remarkable the difference that a professional calibration can do, not only colour balance but how your shadow detail should look.

Here’s a before image and after
Before

After

There’s nothing wrong with the before image but you can clearly see the detail being missed in some areas.

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Nothing wrong with the black levels after either :)

6C461C77-760F-45EA-B780-298D28DE39C8.jpeg

Glenzo

Thanks guys. Hope to be over again once this all sorts itself out!
Thanks Gordon, I will email you again with my contact details!

ps. Do you have any advise regarding Sony 4K flickering bulbs. They sent me a replacement bulb which has given 500 hours good viewing and now it flickers. High lamp mode is fine, however I find it too noisy!

Luminated67

Thanks Gordon, I will email you again with my contact details!

ps. Do you have any advise regarding Sony 4K flickering bulbs. They sent me a replacement bulb which has given 500 hours good viewing and now it flickers. High lamp mode is fine, however I find it too noisy!
This is a common enough issue with the Epsons so I can only assume it’s a similar issue on all projectors, unfortunately Sony bulbs are a lot more expensive than Epson bulbs.

Have you tried running it for an extended period on high to see if that cures it, some have found this to help on the Epsons.

Luminated67

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom