• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Projector calibrated!

mika1975

Standard Member
Hello guys,

I have just had my JVC X35 calibrated by Dr Julian Scott.
I have to say that I can't believe the difference the calibration has done to the picture quality. I knew that it would be a lot better but this thing... I didn't expect that. Especially with my room which has white walls and white ceiling and made things very difficult for Julian but he managed to give me the perfect picture given the circumstances.
He is very professional and enthusiastic with his work and I could not recommend him enough! Thank you Julian!
I think I am going to stay all night watching movies again... :clap::)

Canary_Jules

That very much depends on how much visible error you are prepared to put up with before you can't put up with it any more. As a rule of thumb though I'd suggest around 400 hours. Of course you can get it done earlier and more often than that and thus make sure that the image is always perfect to the eye but you also have to take into account the calibration fee. However, most calibrators will retune for considerably less than the initial calibration cost. I hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom