Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Projector cabling simplified

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by crawf1982, Oct 15, 2003.

1. crawf1982

crawf1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am going to be buying a Sanyo Z2 projector when they are available and have been looking into ways of simplifying the cabling. Yesterday I came across the VIVID VTB100 PROGRESSIVE SCAN VIDEO TO XGA SCALER which is featured here

This looks to be just what I want. I have a HTPC, Sky and a few games consoles to connect to the PJ. Using this box I should just need to run a single DVI cable to the projector, teach my Pronto the remote codes and all is good.

Do you agree? Are there any other similar products I should consider? Any comments/experiences would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
  3. crawf1982

crawf1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have. All my AV kit is situated rearwards in my lounge anyway. I might be able to get away with a 3m DVI cable.

Cheers,

Dave

4. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    Hi

I would only recommend considering the scaler if it can output at a resolution with 1:1 pixel mapping to that of the PJ.

Otherwise, your projector will have to rescale the already scaled output from the scaler.

If your PJ is only 3M from your AV equipment, then - in this case - you would almost certainly be better off without the scaler.

As the Z2 is not kicking around in any of the usual channels yet, it is impossible to know exactly how good the internal scaler is.

I would wait until you have actually got the projector before buying a scaler.

Steve

5. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Apologies for resurrecting what seems to be a defunct thread, but has anyone tried this Z2 / VTB100 scaler combination?

I know they're different (and older) units, but the the Pro-V scaler makes a considerable improvement to the picture quality of my Panasonic projector and I wonder if this VTB100 will do the same for a Z2.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk