1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector Cabling Query

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ibster, Oct 30, 2005.

1. ibster

ibster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi guys,

its time for me to decorate by upstairs bedroom and the cabling runs under the floorboards for the panny downstairs. Currently i still have the AE100 using, s-video for Sky, component for DVD and PS2, and finally VGA for pc. I run 10m of cable.

As the floorboards will be up, i thought i might run some new cables which are going to be used by the latest projectors\dvd players so i dont rip them up again when i eventually upgrade. ive been away from the scene recently as i have been happy with my setup but the upgrade bug has suddenyl hit me. Can you guys advise me on what new cables i should run, what will they be used for, whether they come in 10m lengths and where i can buty them from.

thanks again

ibster

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    HDMI will probably be a good idea to include, so run one of those as well. It's easier to run than DVI and you can add DVI adaptors to HDMI cables. Lindy may do them in the length you want.

Gary.