Projector audio setup - advice needed

loopylew

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Firstly, apologies for any tech ignorance shown in this post.

I have an Epson EH-TW5600 projector and I would like to upgrade my audio set up. I need advice as to what the best set up for me is. The projector only has an audio out jack. It's at the back of the room and the speakers would be placed about 3/4 metres away at the front. Seats are about 3 metres from where the speakers would be. The set up would be used for movies through my Chromecast Ultra and music with Spotify. I don't feel I have room for a 5.1 system, but could do 3.1 if stereo isn't going to be great for movie dialogue.

I was thinking about going for bookshelf speakers like the Dali Spektor 2, that way it's future proofed and I can add to it, plus they look great. Are bookshelf speakers generally good for movies and music? Would I need an AV receiver to get the most out of it? I'm guessing this would be a cable running around skirting to the front of the room.

Originally I was thinking Sonos to make it wireless, but I don't think I can use Chromecast with that so it would be a cable running from projector to the Sonos.

What are your recommendations for the best setup?

Thanks

The Epson projector has hdmi connections so picture and sound with it. You just need longer cable.

AV-receiver like Denon X1600H offers lot of features (2019 model) and connections without breaking bank.

Then your choice of bookshelf speakers with speaker stands (500/600mm tall). Would be good if you could visit your local Richer Sounds / SSAV / Audio T / Peter Tyson / AV Online etc. to listen few different models to see which type of sound you prefer. Speakers won´t sound same and there is plenty of options. At least talk with the dealer so you can swap them to other brand if you order blind and find that you don´t like the sound.

Subwoofer you should pick from BK Electronics if you are dealing with low budget. Local company from UK that is specialized in building woofers and offers best bang for buck (below 500£).

Speaker wires (DCsk), hdmi cables from Amazon UK.

You could start with 2.0/2.1 system depending how tight your budget is.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom