Projector at custom clearance

mediamad

Ex Member
Reaction score
I've been send a projector from the USA (I live in UK). It's at custom clearance for about 5 days. Does anyone know how long it takes usually.

Thanks

No I haven't but I bought a projector from USA few years ago I got it first then import duty Bill after. Are u sure?

I think I read on one of the threads it can be upto 2 weeks. Maybe depends on staffing and it is getting near to holiday season.

Do you know if Usps take tax payment before or after delivery

Sent using usps
If it's USPS then it'll be picked up on this side by Parcelforce. Have you tried putting the USPS tracking reference into PF's site?

From experience, it usually takes an extra 7 days to clear customs. You'll receive a letter from PF asking you to pay the VAT and duty plus admin charge. They won't attempt delivery until that's paid.

John

If it's USPS then it'll be picked up on this side by Parcelforce. Have you tried putting the USPS tracking reference into PF's site?

From experience, it usually takes an extra 7 days to clear customs. You'll receive a letter from PF asking you to pay the VAT and duty plus admin charge. They won't attempt delivery until that's paid.

John
Wow ur right. Here's current information from parcelforce

Parcel tracking details
Date Time Location Tracking Event
09-07-2014 22:06 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
09-07-2014 22:05 International Hub Awaiting clearance - information needed from addressee
08-07-2014 10:42 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
08-07-2014 10:41 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
08-07-2014 10:34 International Hub Received in destination country
04-07-2014 04:56 Delivery Agent - CHICAGO Forwarded for export
04-07-2014 04:56 Delivery Agent - CHICAGO Forwarded for export
01-07-2014 11:40 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Collected from customer
Help - New Window Contact Us New Enquiry

From ur experience do I need to do anything yet

I ordered my Centre speaker from the US & it was circa two weeks in customs by the time I got the letter from Parcelforce, delivery was then around 5 days after payment.

I'd say that the important line is 'information needed from addressee' which is you. I suspect that they've sent a letter to you asking for more info as either the customs declaration was missing or not correctly filled in. You could try to speed it up by phoning them or emailing using the new PF tracking reference.

I called them they said it is still at customs maybe clear by Monday I'll call them again then

Hey guys can you give me some advise border force sent me a "notice of arrival of goods by post" letter. On there my item is listed as valued as 600 dollars. Do you think I should change that to the correct 3000 or leave as it is.

Is it new or used? That sounds like used value.

Hey guys can you give me some advise border force sent me a "notice of arrival of goods by post" letter. On there my item is listed as valued as 600 dollars. Do you think I should change that to the correct 3000 or leave as it is.

The sender appears to have entered a reduced value to minimise the duty/VAT payment to you so I guess it depends if you want to pay more or not!

It's unclear to me why Border Force have got involved with a Customs and Revenue issue. What else did the letter say and what does the Parcelforce's tracking now say?

It's unclear to me why Border Force have got involved with a Customs and Revenue issue. What else did the letter say and what does the Parcelforce's tracking now say?
Good point! unless some "Substance" has been detected & has caught their attention?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom