Projector and Screen distances

nezla

Standard Member
Hi Everyone, hope someone can help.

I have moved house recently and took my quite old Optoma HD141 projector and 120 inch screen with me.

In my old house the projector was fine with an approx 6M throw, however the room in the new house were it is is around 7M and the image is now too large for the screen. I've tried the zoom ring and all settings

I can't move the projector or the screen, can anyone think of any other ideas? Only thing I can think is new projector or larger screen, does anyone know of a PJ that could do 120 inch at that distance? or a reasonably priced 140 inch retractable screen

Thanks in advance

Rich

Last edited:

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Changing your projector will sort this problem, something like an Epson 7400/9400 will give you the zoom to close down to a 120” and still offer up decent brightness for HDR content. You could increase your screen to match the image now thrown by your Optoma and will probably be the cheaper option plus if you even change your projector in the future they shouldn’t have a problem working with the bigger screen size especially with such a long throw.

Here’s a couple of 150” options

You could also contact Ricky from Kalibrate as they do their own screens. Don’t know if it would be cheaper but the actual quality is first rate, he might be able to offer you a bespoke 140” option.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom