Projector and Progressive scan newbie

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mark_CTR, Sep 26, 2004.

1. mark_CTR

mark_CTR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Domino 20H and a Denon 2900 of which I extremley happy about the picture quality is phenomenal. However I have noticed jaggies in most films I have watched. I have read and I quote "the Silicon Image 504 deinterlacer that the denon uses does a phenomenal job with film based material on DVD. It doesn’t quite match the Faroudja though with video material, so you may see some jaggies on occasion". How can I disable the denon deinterlacer and use the Faroudja one in the projector? I have tried but I keep getting an out of range message. Any help would be appreciated? Last but not least how do I get the resolution to be 1024 x 576 do I use the anamorphic setting? Will this upscale the image from 720x576?

2. mark_CTR

mark_CTR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted the problem and oh my god I never thought you could get a picture like that from a Projector. Its pin sharp with no digital artifacts or rainbow effects present. I just keep feeding DVD to it and stand in awe of the picture quality. If you want a perfect combination then get a Denon 2900 and a Sim2 Domino 20H. Why people spend 5K plus on plasma screens is beyond me!

3. john59

john59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Glad you got it sorted :):)