Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Projector and Image Height

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by HouseofMu, Apr 2, 2002.

1. HouseofMu

HouseofMu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Is it important that the pj lens is no higher than the top of the screen image?

I understand that pj can come with two types of Keystone correction, Optical and Digital (for example the Sim2 HT300 (+/- 8deg and 13deg respectively), should Digtial correction be avoided if possible?

Screen size I'm considering is a 6ft 16:9 screen (72"w x 40.5"h) with a small additional top drop (7" ?) + scr housing (about 6") that would put the top of the image at around 13" from the ceiling, roughly the same height of a pj lens so I'm sure that would be ok.

But, would a screen with a top lowering mask to create a 2.35:1 image area (72"w x 30.6), be a keystone problem for the pj as its lens would be approx 10" higher than the image top?

I think a bottom raising mask (to create the 2.35:1 from 16:9) would obviously prevent the top image from moving, but I've only come across top masking screens?

Any ideas?

n.