Projector alignment issue

cuasitos

Novice Member
Hi i just install my projector on the ceiling but when i try to align its not a perfect square or rectangle, the top right corner is un even.
I try to play with keystone moving projector left to right, up down etc amd nothing happens. I use a level and all

Attachments

• 20211021_153439.jpg
    20211021_153439.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211021_153438.jpg
    20211021_153438.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 59

GrazzaB

Distinguished Member
Hi

From the look of it you’ve got one side of the projector very slightly nearer the screen than the other. Try shifting it on one side to see if you can even it up.

Good luck with it - let me know if that doesn’t work

DB9S

What projector is it?
First, avoid using keystone unless absoloutely necessary.
Zero out any keystone applied before adjusting.
Looking at those images, either the right hand side of the wall (particularly the bottom right) is sloping away from the projector, or the projector is farther from that side as it is twisted too much.
I would make the image a lot smaller and then twist the projector to the left until you get a square image.
Then zoom it out again to the kind of size you want and then use any lens shift adjustments to get it back over to the right.
Do not twist it back round to the right as you will be back where you started.
Hope that makes sense.

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Hi i just install my projector on the ceiling but when i try to align its not a perfect square or rectangle, the top right corner is un even.
I try to play with keystone moving projector left to right, up down etc amd nothing happens. I use a level and all
OK well firstly what's the projector so we know how far the shift works either vertically or horizontally and secondly I can 100% say that your projector is not level either front to back or side to side and parallel to the wall you are projecting on to which it need.

Ideally you want the projector to be mounted on the ceiling slap bang in the centre line of the screen area you want it to project on to, this way all your adjustment can go to the vertical shift. Next you need to loosen the screws of the mount that allow the projector to tilt front to back and with a small spirit level get this part level and tighten up the screws, now do the same for the side to side on the mount getting the projector level that way. Once this is done with the aid of another person measure with a tape measure from the screen wall to just in front of the projector roughly a foot either side of it and put a small tick with a pencil (so it can be rubbed off) and draw a straight line between them, this way its easier to get the projector parallel with the screen.

Now you are square with the screen area you want to project on to and everything is level, all you need now do is adjust the shift on the projector image to get it at the position you want and use the zoom to get the desired size.

DO NOT USE KEYSTONE EVER.

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member

alebonau

Distinguished Member
the thing with the level is it might get your projector level..but is it level to the screen ? its likely your screen is not totally squared up to the projector and also a level will not with accuracy enough level up. the very tiny inaccuracy at projector is magnified greatly at the screen given the distance and angle involved.

my suggestion would be a precision geared mount ...something like the peerless prg. we dont know the projector involved but this will cover most but the more crazy sized weight projectors ...will allow to adjust to precisions in 2 axis and manually in 3rd. which is enough for most folk to line up projector to screen - with precision... :)

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
the thing with the level is it might get your projector level..but is it level to the screen ? its likely your screen is not totally squared up to the projector and also a level will not with accuracy enough level up. the very tiny inaccuracy at projector is magnified greatly at the screen given the distance and angle involved.

my suggestion would be a precision geared mount ...something like the peerless prg. we dont know the projector involved but this will cover most but the more crazy sized weight projectors ...will allow to adjust to precisions in 2 axis and manually in 3rd. which is enough for most folk to line up projector to screen - with precision... :)
I was in this situation as the stud wall wasn’t quite square but after constant tweaking I decided follow the above things I mentioned which give me perfectly parallel and I then started to grab a lower corner on the screen to see which was throwing it out and when I found this out I added a small block on wood to space it out.

alebonau

Distinguished Member
I was in this situation as the stud wall wasn’t quite square but after constant tweaking I decided follow the above things I mentioned which give me perfectly parallel and I then started to grab a lower corner on the screen to see which was throwing it out and when I found this out I added a small block on wood to space it out.
great pickup ... this is one of problem with fixed screens. drop screens tend to wiht gravity just drop straight down... but its amazing how badly out of square walls can be ! so if fixing a screen to a wall it can inevitably be out ...and twist the screen

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
great pickup ... this is one of problem with fixed screens. drop screens tend to wiht gravity just drop straight down... but its amazing how badly out of square walls can be ! so if fixing a screen to a wall it can inevitably be out ...and twist the screen
Yeah after I fixed the distance I needed to bring the corner out I cut spaces roughly every foot on the width and a couple up the side. But the beauty of Ricky’s DiverseScreen is it’s a bloody sturdy frame it’s built from so twist isn’t part of its vocabulary. 😂

cuasitos

Novice Member
Thanks to all the projector is an optoma gt1080 i just try to move it around and nothig for that reason i just going to hire some one to reinstall everithing
But thanks to all for the answers

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom