• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Projector advice

zeroasylum

Standard Member
I am considering buying a new projector. I am looking at the following

Sanyo PLV-Z800 or the BENQ w1000+. Both have good reviews from WHAT HIFI

I would love the Sany PLV-Z3000 but just chant go that high.

What are peoples opinions and does anyone know the cheapest place to get these. I have an old Sanyo and really like their products and the BENQ fan seems loud from the spec. Advice please :)

Thanks

Zeroasylum

Junk_collector

Established Member
I am considering buying a new projector. I am looking at the following

Sanyo PLV-Z800 or the BENQ w1000+. Both have good reviews from WHAT HIFI

I would love the Sany PLV-Z3000 but just chant go that high.

What are peoples opinions and does anyone know the cheapest place to get these. I have an old Sanyo and really like their products and the BENQ fan seems loud from the spec. Advice please :)

Thanks

Zeroasylum
I have the Benq w1000+ I find it very very good for the price.........bright, sharp, amazing HD and full calibration controls.
I use on eco-mode and can hardly hear the fan.....£755 free delivery next day from morecomputers. Lamps are £115 from projectorshop24.

Sanyo plv z3000 is around £1380 and is a lcd projector.
The Benq w1000+ is dlp, I find dlp more film like and 3d depth.

If your susceptible to the RGB rainbow effect with lower speed dlp's then you may prefer lcd.
I personally rarely see RGB on this Benq.

Try projectorshop24 or pixmania(you get the french version with non uk plug)

ps..I highly recommend the Benq w1000+ it is extremely bright even on eco mode. Takes 50-100 hours for the lamp to settle from new...then artefacts are rare.

Junk_collector

Established Member
you also might want to consider another very good dlp..optoma hd20 which seems to be dropping in price atm. Its also a consideration for future-proofing if you want to go 3D as Optoma are launching a 3D conversion box for about £250

zeroasylum

Standard Member
you also might want to consider another very good dlp..optoma hd20 which seems to be dropping in price atm. Its also a consideration for future-proofing if you want to go 3D as Optoma are launching a 3D conversion box for about £250

Do you have a link of a review for the HD20 as all I can fine is the themescene hd 20 but it has a very low contrast ratio. Also any link on the conversion box :)

Thanks

zeroasylum

kbfern

Distinguished Member
The contrast ratio for the hd20 is not low it is quoted as an ANSI figure rather than on/off which some manufacturers use.:)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom