Projector Advice - Sony / JVC - Laser Or lamp

william149

For me I wanted to move on from JVC x7900 to a native 4k, say N7/NZ8, but for me the throw was too long added to the PJ also being bigger and needing the vent space at the rear meant I could not fill my screen or needed a smaller screen. The Sony for me is a real contender as I think has more flexible throw ratio, but would need to factor in a Lumagen for HDR to bring it up to / beat JVC DTM standards. I think the Sony without Lumagen is behind JVC N7/NZ8..
Which Sony & Lumagen are you looking at?
Are Sony releasing anything new this year?

Topmetom 2

Distinguished Member
For me I wanted to move on from JVC x7900 to a native 4k, say N7/NZ8, but for me the throw was too long added to the PJ also being bigger and needing the vent space at the rear meant I could not fill my screen or needed a smaller screen. The Sony for me is a real contender as I think has more flexible throw ratio, but would need to factor in a Lumagen for HDR to bring it up to / beat JVC DTM standards. I think the Sony without Lumagen is behind JVC N7/NZ8..
I have the lumagen..just not the pj,and now im worried the n7 is going to be too big in a lounge of 20x10…i need to investigate more i 🤔
least i could sell the lumagen……

Last edited:

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
My PJ room is much smaller than my lounge where it used to be, so think with screen packed out with speakers behind, the lens to screen distance is about 3.4m which is right on the limit for my 112" screen.

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Does it vent out of the rear?
If so mine is fully enclosed so there would be nowhere for the heat to escape other than the front, i think i'd be concerned of it overheating..
My PJ room is much smaller than my lounge where it used to be, so think with screen packed out with speakers behind, the lens to screen distance is about 3.4m which is right on the limit for my 112" screen.
The Sony throw is more flexible. Not sure if you read my feedback doing some back to back testing last night NX9 vs 760

Post in thread 'Shed of Darkness 9.4.6'
Shed of Darkness 9.4.6

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom