Projector advice please

scw

Novice Member
I’m looking to buy a projector to display images from my PC, in my photographic studio, but also to double on occasion as a home cinema projector.

I’m currently using a 4X3 monitor on the PC, but intend to change this in the not to distant future for a 24inch Dell widescreen. I am using a Panasonic 32LXD500 as a TV.

So, what should I be looking for? I’ve done a search and there appears to be a huge range of sets available. With high definition just around the corner I don’t necessarily want to buy a top of the range projector now, although obviously I need one which produces adequate results. I see that there are some widescreen options available. Are there any advantages/disadvantages with one of these?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

scw

Novice Member
I plan on getting the Dell LCD for general PC use and the projector for proofing images to clients, with the option of using it on occasions for watching DVD’s.

Thanks for the recommendation…

scw

Novice Member
OK, I’ll look into that although I would have thought that the resolution would be better on the Dell.

Anyone got any advice or recommendations for a projector that will double as a business/AV unit?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom