1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector accessories

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by The Spaniard, Nov 15, 2004.

1. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi Guys,

Been away for a while - too busy watching! I have a Sony vpl vw11 that is going to need new filters and new bulb fairly soon. I have looked on the web and the prices are absolutely ridiculous, particularly the filter!!! £37 for a bit of plastic and cotton mesh - OUTRAGEOUS!!

Where is the best and cheapest place for Sony LCD accessories?

Just as an aside, what are Sony doing regarding projectors? After dominating the market with the VPL range, things seem to have gone very quiet!!

I am still really pleased with the VW11 (I had the VW10 before).

Thanks for any advice!

:lease:

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    They've just come out with the HS50/51 which has a dynamic iris - it open and closes depending on the light requirements for each scene. It has a static contrast of 1400:1 IIRC, but the dynamic iris expands that to up to 6000:1 - 4000:1 calibrated apparently.

It looks like it will retail for about £1800, so providing the vertical banding and colour uniformity aren't an issue, and the blacks are as good as they sound, this pj could well be a very popular machine. Not sure about availability, but keep an eye out for it.

Gary.