1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projections screen(s)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Vassago_m, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Vassago_m

Vassago_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am very keen on buying a projector and as I dont have much money I am looking at the Pansonic PT-AE100E, but I am unsure on what screen to go for.

I am looking for one which will either be a manual pull down or electrical as my room is more than big enough to host a 12ft screen.

I am open to suggestions about projectors as well as I can push to £1800 on a projector and £500 for a screen, but I am interested in this one due to its 16:9 (true) ratio.

Cheers for any come back....

Vassa

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    12' - forget it with an AE100 or any other LCD PJ (any PJ in fact.

With a budget of £1800 you really should be looking at a high res PJ - 1280x720 min.

The HS10 is available @ approx £2k & will happily project an 8' pic. It's got a high enough pixel density & fill ratio to go bigger than this, but obtaining a bigger screen will be a problem, especially on your budget.

With £2.3 to spend in total, there's no point considering the AE100.

:smoke:

3. Vassago_m

Vassago_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So the AE100 is not really that good ?

Can it throw a picture on a 6 foot screen ?

the HS10, is that the Sony?

1280x720 ? Are u meaning the pixel def, as the pansonic has, well I dont know, and I'm even reading the spec at the panasonic web site (DOH).

I must admit I'm a noob, and need educating, even though I buy home cinema mags nearl every month.

Well cheers for the come back and I now have a few more things to think about.

Cheers Kramer