1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ProjectionDesign Model1 mK3 vs. Sim2 H30/HT300E?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by buks, Apr 22, 2005.

1. buks

buks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I would like to know if anybody compared the PD mk3 against the Sim2's (Ht300E or Domino 30H). Can the PD compete with Sim2's picture quality or not? I currently own a Sim2 HT300 (HD1 chip).

Thanks
    Buks

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    You could also try the Sim2 forum just in case someone there has seen them both.

Gary.

3. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Not seen the PD Mk 3 however I have had a good look at the PD Mk 2.

The picture quality is very good, very natural colours and good detail.

It is also very easy to achieve a very balanced looking picture. Projectiondesign clearly take a lot of care in setting up the projectors before they leave the factory.

There is no lens shift facility so a little care will be required when mounting on a ceiling.

The mark 3 is meant to be another notch up in quality to the mk 2 so it must look very impressive.

Ken at Ivojo could give more details on the PD (he owns a MK 2)

I have seen the Sim2 300 link and I was also very impressed with the overall picture quality.

Also very natural colours, nice detail and good blacks.

I am sure you would not go far wrong with either.

Foghorn

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Buks

I have not tried the PD MK III but know the Mk II pretty well. Picture quality was quite respectable but rainbows were more noticeable than the Sim2s. The casework got pretty hot (250w lamp in a very compact case). It did not have the powered zoom and focus or the optical lens shift capabilty and the lamp life was about half of that of the Sim2s.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the latest generation of Sim2 projectors. They have moved on in leaps and bounds since the original 200/300 series.
    The Domino 30H in particular represents excellent value for money at £4500.

Hope this helps

Jeff :rtfm: