ProjectionDesign launches mid-range projector featuring brand new colour technology d

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Rolling out as we speak is a typically compact and slickly designed new projector, the M20, from Norwegian projection guru, ProjectionDesign. What's more, this 720p design, set to retail for around £3,500, features a brand new, world first technology: a version of Texas Instruments BrilliantColor processing engine that relies on new...

More...

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
I think I'd want 1080p for £3500.

Regards

Mark

Obviously not everything needs 1080p and not everything will be 1080p. The M20 looks like a great solution projector for compact spaces, short throw lengths, yet big pictures and is the first to have the new Ti technology, I'm looking forward to playing with one.

Guvna

Saw some Projection Designs kit in the Bristol show, and have to say the images were stunning, and enormous from barely 1.5 metres from the screen. If you have that kind of dollar at your disposal, they are worth every penny.

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
Projectiondesign, Sim2, Runco these kind of guys you are paying for much better optical systems and lenses, quality of build, that kind of thing. There is FAR more to a projector than just it's resolution - optics, lens, quality of build overall (lightspill etc), video processing quality, installation friendly, reliability. A 720p model can outperform a 1080p equivalent through the employment of better optics alone. Obviously it would be nice to have it all, but at this price there is plenty of argument to stick with the better built 720p option - the Sim2 D35 for example (720p DLP) offers a far more pleasant option than the Epson TW1000 (1080p LCD). It's a shame that the magazines and what have you will tell you it must be 1080p or nothing as many will miss out on some real good products.

Mark_a

I'm sure all of that is true. All I meant was I would expect nothing less than 1080p for that amount of money. I'm cheap like that.

Regards

Mark

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
If you ignored a better option because of one of it's specs, this would not be cheap it would be daft!!

An analogy would be not buying a Lotus Exige because it only has a 1.8l engine and you really wanted a 3l v6 minimum - despite the lighter, better made, more efficient Lotus giving far more acceleration, handling and a greater top speed than it's heavier competition.

Mark_a

No, no, you misunderstand. I want £20,000 worth of projector, I'm just not prepared to pay more than £3,500 for it, that's all. It's not about picking one feature over another, it's a matter of wanting all things for as little as possible. I told you I was cheap like that. In fact I'm not willing to pay £3500 now that I think about it, no matter how good/bad it is, so it's all quite academic really.

Regards

Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom