ProjectionDesign Action Model One MK2 -v- Screenplay 7210

T-Rex

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking at buying my first projector and have read loads of informed opinions of many projectors in these reviews. However, I haven't seen much written about the ProjectionDesign Action Model One MK2.

I have seen this on the web with Ivojo.co.uk (anyone heard/used them?) for £2K. I have read magazine reviews that highly rate this projector but how does it compare to the 7210 and IN76 that are now only £1,400?

One of the reasons I am considering the PDAction Model is that it is much smaller than most of the other projectors and better looking - very important attributes for my wife! But, I wonder whether one of the other 2 PJ's will be the 'smarter' buy at that price?

I have only had a demo of the IN76 (RBE not an issue for me). I do not have any local dealers (I live in Yeovil, Somerset) that have the 7210 or the PDAction One MK2, so I would have to buy without seeing them first. Am I crazy? Have other people bought after reading reviews from this site but not acually had a demonstration first?

My lounge is quite wide - around 5M. This means I can mount the projector (from the ceiling or table top) anywhere up to 4M-5M from the screen. I will have a manual or electric screen and it can only be 2.03M wide. I can also have the PJ mounted directly square on to it. However, I don't think I'll be 'allowed' to ceiling mount the 7210 or IN76 due to their size. I don't know if these requirements makes one of the pj's more usuable for me?

Thanks for any advice!

Thanks foghorn. I have seen the PJ on the ivojo website. Apart from Projector Point UK, I haven't seen it for sale anywhere else. I'll give Ken a call.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom