Projectiondesign Action! model 1 MKII details??

dealmaker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Does anybody know anything about this new projector?

Their website doesnt have details of the new MKII version (with 7 segment colour wheel)

I'm particularly interested in the throw ratio (smallish room) and the Price!...to discover if this projector is a worthy alternative to the Marantz VP12 S3 and Samsung 700 models I've currently shortlisted?

Thanks

It is a worthy alternative without doubt! The MKII version uses HD2+, 7 segment colour wheel and has the same 1.75-2.25:1 lens and optional 1:1 wide angle lens. I'm pretty sure there's something else different in the mkII (asides from firmware) but I can't remember!!! If and when I do i'll post....

Bugger....1.75 is too long and 1:1 is too short - ideally I want a 1.6!! (like my Sony 10HT)....any ideas Liam??

Thanks for the response by the way!

Hey no probs! It's a shame when projection distance has to influence choice of projector though... no option for bigger screen or moving pj???

I think the other difference is gonna be the addition of a sync for one of the component inputs for RGBs connection BTW...

Nah, I have an 8 foot Vutec screen (1.2 gain) screen which I'm dead happy with...so don't want to chnage that if I can avoid it (would be strange to go to a smaller screen after all this time)....and the PJ mounting position is dictated by the lintl above the rear French Windows- cant go any further out.

So my current short list is the Marantz VP12-S3 and the New Samsung - any thoughts on these and/or any others I should consider?

Thanks

The Marantz is a lovely machine, not sure on throw but there are the new Toshiba MT800 and Sharp Z12000 (5500:1 max CR they reckon) on the way this summer...

Liam,

That XVZ12000 Sharp looks awesome - a check on Price scan confirms that pricing is circa $7000 - so it will be a circa £5k projector when it gets here - and it has a wide throw lens - looking good!

I'll do some research on the Tosh now!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom