1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projection & Gaming

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Natty Light, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Natty Light

Natty Light

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone knows and has probably heard horror stories about projection TV's "burning" a paused game into the screen. I need to know some detail about this because I'm either buying a 52" Projection or a 36" flat screen soon. So here are my few questions:

1. Do these newer projection TV's have this problem?

2. If so, how long does it take for a paused screen to burn in? 3 hours, 30 minutes?

3. Normal gameplay doesn't burn in, does it?

4. I own up to it, there will be a time when I need to take a crap or run to the store and I'll want to pause my game. To avoid burn in, couldn't I just turn the television off and leave the game system on?

I guess if all else fails I can just unplug the A/V connection from the back of the console then reconnect it once I'm ready to resume.

Thanks to any and all who answer.

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I've had a Toshiba 40" RPTV for almost 3 years and have been using it with a PS2 and an XBOX since the days they were launched and have had no problems at all with screen burn.

I also have Sky+ and a 3 year old who watches CBeebies all day and have no problems with burn in from that either.

As long as yuo are sensible with the contrast (mines at about 30 IIRC) you shouldn't have any problems.

HTH

John

3. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    But I can say I also had a Tosh 40" Projector which my dad now has , and that got screen burn after a year :thumbsdow
    It was a nightmare to get fixed , as sky said not are problem and need to sort out with the guys you got the Tv from which I did .
    But they said at first the Tv is not broken and would not fix it . After a few nightmare days ther arranged to fix it under the Warrenty . :clap:

But let me tell you if you get a Projector you need to have the Contrast / Brightness under 50% on settings

Also Screen burn can happen after an hour and Games can give you screen burn
    My advise would be if you do get one make sure the settings are low at all times

:D

4. Acdbulls

Acdbulls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hear that if you dont put the bright control on more the 50% you will be fine