1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projection distances Sony hs 20

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jas, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Jas

Jas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi does any one have the Sony hs20 projector/ manual , I am considering one myself but am unsure which screen size to buy as i do not have the Sony manual. Could you please tell me as per manual what are the min and max projection distances (ie front of lens to projection surface) for a 92" diagonal wide screen (80" wide bottom left to right of screen)or a 83" diagonal wide screen (72" wide bottom left to right of screen). I am hoping to use the projector with 0 zoom mounted on a table or ceiling mount.
    Also does the Sony manual express the screen size as diagonal measurment or width of screen measurment as per my sizes above.
    Or if some one has the time perhaps the full chart as per manual would be useful also.

many thanks for your help

Jas

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  3. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The model is listed in Projector Central's projection calculator if you want a quick (and graphical :clap: ) answer.

4. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Just realised I need a longer throw lens for the HS20. Does one exist and can it be fitted instead of the standard one?

5. Robbie Gnome

Robbie Gnome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Saw this thread and thought I may be able to help. Considered buying the orginal HS-10 but had the same prob you have Kane D Williams. Sourced a Short Throw Lens SONY VPLLCW10 but at £ 790.00 plus import and VAT it started to look like a no go. Have confirmed the same conversion lens is usable on the HS-20. It's up to you. Makes you sick to think that you can get the same type of lens for the HS-2 for £130 inc VAT and import!! Doesn't make sense. I have been using this cheaper lens with my HS-2 and if anyone is considering getting one I would 100% recommend fitting it. Will be buying a HS-20 when we move, will make sure we have the right throw distance in our new living room though. Good thing I have an understanding girlfriend who understands about my Home Cinema Addiction:)

6. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Cheers Robbie

I can ceiling mount and then it is not a problem, apart from the light fitting!

I still have to decide between the AE500, HS20 and the Z2!

7. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Jas, 2 Sony projectors in one crap town :) At one point I wanted a short throw for my HS10 for a bigger picture but I am going to put it through the wall instead...

8. Jas

Jas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Loonatic

Have downloaded pdf file in english 78 pages:eek:

Thanks to all replies.

Regars Jas