Projecting the Future?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BadAss, Feb 13, 2001.

1. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Saving up for a projector. Pretty open minded on whether its LCD or CRT but not DLP as the rainbow affect would drive me mad! With six months to save up £4500 I would like to know what will be out by then. At the moment I'm looking at the Sony 10HT for ease of use and 16:9 display.

------------------
    Is he the one?

2. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +335
    Well, I'll be the first to mention the Sanyo PLV 60 which is meant to be 16X9. It wouldn't surprise me if this was in the region of £4500.

Cheers,
    Liam

------------------
    "Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."

3. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    See my other post today - while it's difficult to know what's going to be available in 6 months, the Sony is a great choice IMO and may be even cheaper then than it is now.
    Ever since I installed mine, I've been enthralled and the so-called problems with the picture are simply compromises anyone is going to have to make unless they want to spend a fortune. Although I was pleased with the picture straight out of the box, I used the Avia test disc to set the projector up, accessing the service menus to do this, and a FAQ downloaded from thebigpicturedvd.com.

Ease of setup was a big factor when I made my decision also, and for me there was really no contest.