Projecting onto Wall

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by calibos, Feb 21, 2002.

1. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Is anyone here projecting onto a wall. ie do you have a matte white or grey screen painted onto a smooth wall as your permanent screen??

If so what do you think of the picture. How did you get a smooth finish or are there brush strokes visable and would these strokes even affect the projected image?

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Before my GrayHawk I used a grey painted wall for a couple of months. I just used a roller, the texture actually worked very well. Image artifacts show up much more on the proper screen.

Jeff

3. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    a piece of mdf painted with a mohair gloss roller,very fine texture,in matt emulsion,will be flatter than a non tab tensioned screen.i should Know im a painter and decorator who spent £600 on a electric screen which curls up on the edges! also they get slight ripples in them due to been rolled up!but they look cool!

4. mjwhitehouse

mjwhitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a chipboard screen with white emulsion but have the advantage of a completely dark room with no light filtering through. The main problem is I combined two sheets and so I get cracks in the middle whenever my kids decide that the action on the screen needs a closer look. Another lick of paint soon cures it.

5. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using the Philips Monroe and was wery surprised by how well it works using a ordinary matte white wall. I was planning to purchase a screen early next month but have decided to delay the purchase until I can learn about what is available.

If you are considering a projector don't let the lack of a screen worry you.

6. bigalroz

bigalroz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am projecting straight onto my living room wall. It's painted magnolia and is just a smooth plastered wall. Picture is very good indeed check out my website for pictures of projected image.