projecting a smaller picture

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by derm, Oct 23, 2002.

1. derm

derm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aloha,
    I have no experience whatsoever with front projectors, so apologies if this is the ridiculous.

I was wondering if you could use a projector to project a smaller image, say 32" & if so would you get a brighter picture?

If this can be done, could I use a 700 lumens projector in a bright room to watch TV ?
    Then at night I could increase the image size to watch movies as the room is darker.

Any comments appreciated.
    Derm.

2. derm

derm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump

3. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

No this isn't a silly question - but of course if you keep your projector a fixed distance from the screen then the zoom lens that comes with the PJ will limit your maximum and minimum sizes. You can make the image bigger by moving the PJ away from the screen and smaller by moving it towards the screen.

I just bought a Sony HS10 and this is exactly what I planned to do - my room is 330cm deep from Projector to Screen and this gives me an image roughly 120cm wide (minimum) to roughly 180cm wide (maximum). This equates to a significant increase in preceived brightness as you reduce screen size.