1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projecta Screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Drew C, May 7, 2003.

1. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anybody looking for a projector screen might want to check this out:
    After finishing decorating and wiring up the sound system I've ordered a Projecta Procinema 7ft wide (92" diagnol visible 16:9 screen)
    Chose this after hearing positive comments from many such as Kramer.
    £188 inc. vat and delivery from nexnix!
    Everywhere else seems to be selling it for around £240, so I thought it was a pretty good buy. Hope it lives up to my expectations

Now I've just gotta get me one of those AE300's and I'll be joining you guys in home cinema heaven!
    :clap:

Although Nexnix were very friendly and helpful, I was very suprised that they wouldn't price match with competitors prices on the ae300. I would have liked to have bought it from them but have had to rethink due to the big price difference.

2. Insp.Gadget

Insp.Gadget

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Get the PJ from Nexnix on your Barclaycard and do a pricematch with one of the cheaper retailers to get the difference back. The peace of mind by going with Nexnix is worth it :smashin:

3. Captain chaos

Captain chaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What if you don't have a Barclaycard?

4. Insp.Gadget

Insp.Gadget

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Then use the rolled up notes in the jar under the floorboards :D
    I have quite a few credit cards (too many in fact) because they all have different advantages, and i wouldn't even consider not using one to buy something as expensive as this (unless the shop were offering 0%). If you drop it on the way home, they refund you - if someone steals it from you on the way home, they refund. As they have an obligation to fight your corner in most cases I use it for almost everything and pay it off the next month :rolleyes:

I'm not aware of any other cred card companies offering the pricematch but I could be wrong.

5. tonytigerrr

tonytigerrr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Insp. gadget,

have you done this price match with barclaycard? I bought my AE300 from nexnix with a barclaycard - I was hoping someone had already done the pricematch with a PJ to make sure it didnt break any of the conditions

Cheers,
    Tony.

6. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Then register, it costs nothing

7. Insp.Gadget

Insp.Gadget

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Tony, I have registered it with them and they didn't say anything about it not qualifying. I've been waiting the last few days for my statement to come through (as you have to photocopy it and send it to them) which is a result as I have just noticed Letsgodigital do it for £1499 !! I will be sending it off in the next few days so I will let you know the outcome.

8. tonytigerrr

tonytigerrr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers Insp. Gadget,

I've just done the same - I have my statement so I can send all the docs. off today. If and when I get any joy I'll post here. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is that my nexnix invoice has the dead pixel check on it, while letsgodigital doesn't offer one - I just phoned them.

I know some companies can be really picky with price-matching, hopefully barclaycard arent one of them!!!

Tony.

9. johnkay

johnkay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Proiecta screen sounds good value but I went to the nexnix site but could not find it can you give the URL. Also can you give an evaluation as to how good you think it is.
    Thanks

10. jaybeegee

jaybeegee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys
    i am after the projecta screen as well. Kramer was talking about organising a powerbuy.
    any news Kramer ?

jay

11. cs939

cs939
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I also couldn't find the Projecta brand on the nexnix wesite but those looking might want to try www.komplett.co.uk they have them for £176.04 inc vat but not delivery (2 day delivery)
    Size:200 cm x 117 cm
    Widescreen 16:9

12. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    The PT-AE300 is only £1417incl VAT at Komplett !!!!!! The cheapest i have seen one.....and they say they have stock !!!

Click Here

13. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you want a 'Projecta' screen from nexnix, you need to give them a call or e-mail them for a quote.If you want to see details of the screen, do a search on the forum for 'projecta'.
    I bought it from them due to the good price and the respect they get on this forum.
    It was due today..........................Suprise! Suprise!..
    ....it didn't turn up:rolleyes: good job I'm not in a rush for it!
    Its very irrritating when you pay for next day delivery and you don't get it the next f###ing day!!!!

14. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well, I received the screen today!
    Can't tell you what it's like though.......
    ...It's the wrong model!!!!

THey sent me a 'proscreen' instead of a 'procinema'. The proscreen doesnt have the extra screen drop, its the correct size though, so an easy mistake to make i suppose. Nexnix say they will sought it out on monday.

They reckon they will receive some more AE300's at the end of next week.

15. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi jay.

I had this organised a few weeks ago but Spectre isn't happy with the warranty situation :(

I can source them from the continent at very good prices (inc. delivery) but they'll have to go back in the event of a warranty problem (extremely unlikely).

I'm still trying to come up with a solution satisfactory to Spectre - will keep you posted.

16. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I knew something strange was happening - the Proscreen is different from the Procinema (not alone the extra drop) & is approx £190ish.

The Procinema is far more expensive, & I'm talking "bulk buy" trade price :eek:

Fingers crossed you'll get a Procinema, but they'll be selling way below their cost price @ £190.

17. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Kramer: i have a price here in Portugal for the Procinema 102x180:

190€ (euros) (ex-VAT)

I would never believe that something of hi-fi / home cinema stuff would be cheaper here as it never is!

And yes it's the Procinema.

For the same size:

Cinelpro electrol : 630€ (euros) (ex-VAT)
    Cinema Electrol : 510€ (euros) (ex-VAT)

18. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Hi,
    I have just ordered two PT AE300`s from komplett and they should be here Mon/Tues. Only £1436.19 inc. delivery.

If I have any snaggs I will post here.

Jack

19. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well true to their word, Nexnix rang me first thing monday morning (I was still in bed!). Explained what had gone wrong and waited for another call. 10 minutes later Lucy rang back, their suppliers admitted they had made a mistake and arrangements ahd been made to deliver the correct screen (The Procinema!!) Hoorah! Hope its as good as you say Kramer. Only thing is its out of stock, so I have to wait 2 weeks. At least it will give time to decide where to buy an ae300 from.
    I might be repeating myself, but its a real shame that for some reason Nexnix's AE300 price is so high compared to other retailers, they would easily be my first choice to buy from just down to the fact of how polite and helpful they are, it seems to be a rare thing these days and I for one really appreciate it. Being polite doesnt cost anything!:smashin:
    Am I going soft?..:rolleyes: ...I'll pull myself together...I don't have that logo for nothing.

20. Dannykos

Dannykos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on the subject of screens - jacobs-digital.co.uk are doing a 240 x 200 REFLECTA for £190 all in.

21. johnkay

johnkay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy a screen for the hs10, I dont know which one or where to buy from. I'm thinking of spending approx £150-£300, is this enough or is it better to spend more and get some worthwhile benefit, by spending more. At present I use the free screen that came with hs10 but it has to be setup everytime you want to use it and then put away. I intend to install an 8ft pull down screen which will be hidden behind the curtain pelment. Any help would be much appreciated. I intend to get the screen in the next 3-4 weeks. :cool:

22. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd recommend an 8' (106" diag) Procinema.

The included black drop will facilitate hiding the screen behind your pelmet & still give a suitable viewing height.

Good value too but slightly more than your £300 max. Better to stretch the extra few £ IMO.

23. johnkay

johnkay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kramer, thanks for the quick reply, but can you tell me some names of suppliers and perhaps url if poss.

24. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As you will see from my previous posts, my procinema was due from Nexnix this week. Surprise! Surprise! It didn't turn up, So I gave it a few days and called them. I've now been told that I will get it on June 20th!!! :eek: talk about being messed about! I didnt even receive a call to be told that there would be yet another delay.:nono:

25. jaybeegee

jaybeegee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Drew c
    Did you get your procinema screen ? Whats the verdict , did nexnix try to charge you more. over the last couple of weeks i have emailed nexnix twice for a price but no response whatsoever
    i'm after a 7ft procinema manual

jay

26. Stewie

Stewie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just sucumbed to the Panasonic 100 from Komplett at £600 and am now in the market for a screen.

My problem is my ceilings are just under 11 feet high, and I can't wall mount due to the large windows.

How much spare black cloth do the ProCinema range have? I'd be looking for the 92" or 106" screen.

If there was any power buy happening, I'd also be interested :)

27. Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kramer, I'd be interested in a powerbuy too, if one's being orgainised. I take it you're in Ireland. I'm in Dublin... I'm looking for the ProCinema 120" 4:3.

28. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK guys, trying for a powerbuy again, details (well, feedback actually)

here

;)

29. Drew C

Drew C
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Whats up jay.

I did manage to get my screen at last, but it took a few phone calls to get it sorted. For the money, the screen is excellent and no, Nexnix didnt charge me any more than I had already paid (£180-something).