Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
News that a Fatal Frame sequel is heading to the wii u:

Fatal Frame Sequel Heading to the Wii U - IGN

I absolutely LOVE the FF series, its one of the scariest games i've ever played and such a genuis notion in that you have to face the ghosts head on to defeat them! The wii u and the GP is a natural fit for this game, cant some soon enough for me :)

Good news :) Don't think I ever played any of the Fatal Frames from memory, which is surprising really as I do like my horrors so not sure why I skipped them.

Will keep an eye on this one.

Good news :) Don't think I ever played any of the Fatal Frames from memory, which is surprising really as I do like my horrors so not sure why I skipped them.

Will keep an eye on this one.

Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee! As a fellow AVF member and a person who cares for your well being I feel its my duty to insist that you simply MUST....MUST go retro for a while and play as many FF games as you can (the one on the Wii was pretty damn good too! :) We all know how much you liked zombiu and if like me you enjoy getting bejesus scared out of you then you owe it to yourself to play this series!

I played it first on the PS2 and there was one point in the game that I had to switch it off, regroup and pluck up the courage to carry on....with the light on and my then partner sitting next to me haha!

I concur, the FF series is fantastic! Wii remakes were brilliant if you can find them, although PS2 originals are still worth checking out (and probably easier to find). I was wondering if Nintendo were going to resurrect the series after they bought the rights in 2011. I guess they did bring out a 'spiritual' (thanks, I'm here all week...) successor on 3DS, Spirit Camera. Haven't played it but it looked good at the time.

Hmm, I see the Wii version commands a high price second hand. I'm off buying ATM and with Deus Ex on it's way to me(made an exception there at a fiver:)) I'll have to look at that again after we've moved. Will probably try and play the Wii release before this one comes out though, should have plenty of time.

Fatal Frame Wii U to be revealed this week - CVG UK

The latest game in the Fatal Frame series will be revealed during a live streaming event later this week.

Koei Tecmo will be hosting an event dedicated to Fatal Frame on Japanese streaming site NicoNico on Thursday, July 17 at 1:30pm Japan time (5:30am UK time, 12:30am Eastern).

The presentation will show the first footage of the previously announced Wii U exclusive Fatal Frame game, as well as discussing other news related to the franchise.

The latest entry in the survival horror series, which is known as Project Zero in Japan, is being developed in collaboration between Koei Tecmo and Nintendo for an as-yet unspecified release window.

In addition to the new game, Tecmo Koei will release a live-action film, original novel and comic series in Japan this year. These are also expected to be discussed in further detail during the presentation.

The last original Fatal Frame instalment, Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, was developed by Grasshopper Manufacture for Wii and released in 2008.

A 3DS spin-off, Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir, was released in 2012, alongside a Wii remake of Fatal Frame 2.

Nintendo secured co-ownership of the Fatal Frame series in 2012, making it unlikely it will appear again on non-Nintendo consoles.

I still haven't completed the first game. Got stuck after a boss halfway through with begger-all health and no medicines so couldn't get much further. That and I'm a wimp who can't play it on my own without screaming like a little girl.

Looks fantastic, it's got the feel of the ring/dark water/the eye films about and I love that sort of horror. There's just something about Japanese horror that creeps me out and makes me go cold watching (in a good way), so if this doesn't come out over here then that will be a great shame.

Ooh, great news if this is coming! Will have to wait until our phone and internet gets connected before I can view any videos though.

The WiiU is on the up lately :)

Am I missing something here lol Fatal Frame is Project Zero 5 yeh/no? or Project Zero 5 is the sequel to Fatal Frame?

It's been a long day :(

Yes, Fatal Frame is Project Zero..Project Zero is Fatal Frame.
Just named differently for different markets.
And 5 is the number...:laugh:

Yes, Fatal Frame is Project Zero..Project Zero is Fatal Frame.
Just named differently for different markets.
And 5 is the number...:laugh:

Haha, the Fox is in the house lol yeh, I thought that might be the case - just knackered from work and hot weather.

On topic, this game has got to come to the UK or I'll abandon Nintendo and start a fresh PS4 Destiny thread in protest :D

The Wii one didn't make it here, but it was apparantly a buggy mess. Nintendo can't afford to not bring the fifth one here (and release a HD version of the rest of the series while they're at it).

2 was released...wasn't too bad, a decent port.

Forgot about that one, Crimson Butterfly or something wasn't it? Strange they remastered the second one and not the first game.
Think that one was on PS2, and possibly exclusive on Xbox...I remember the Xbox version had a few extras, and a slightly different ending, maybe that's how.
Don't think Nintendo took the ip till later on, like after 2's release, for the Wii.

Think that one was on PS2, and possibly exclusive on Xbox...I remember the Xbox version had a few extras, and a slightly different ending, maybe that's how.
Don't think Nintendo took the ip till later on, like after 2's release, for the Wii.

The second one was originally subtitled Crimson Butterfly, but the Wii remake dropped it for some reason. The series was rebranded as Zero in Japan from the fourth game onwards, and apparently Nintendo now co-owns the rights to the Zero games but not the Fatal Frame or Project Zero name, which might explain why they couldn't release it over here without giving it a new title (not that that's an excuse).

Has anyone here played the 3DS game by the way?

Is that the Spirit Camera game? I want to get that.

Yeah, it's ok, nothing more, nothing less.
The premise is good, the actual interaction and gameplay is good - woeful. AR in most cases doesn't cut the mustard.
It'll no doubt be cheap as chips in somewhere like CEX, and worth a punt just to experience it.

Yeah, it's ok, nothing more, nothing less.
The premise is good, the actual interaction and gameplay is good - woeful. AR in most cases doesn't cut the mustard.
It'll no doubt be cheap as chips in somewhere like CEX, and worth a punt just to experience it.
You need to code me on 3ds! Along with everyone else with one!

I coded everyone in that freakin thread and only like 2 people coded me back lol

You need to code me on 3ds! Along with everyone else with one!

I coded everyone in that freakin thread and only like 2 people coded me back lol

I keep forgetting to do it sorry. I have a post-it with your Wii U and 3DS info on it stuck to my work monitor...

Popped it in my bag now, that's stage one. Now I just have to remember to take it out tonight!

You added me on the wii-u so that's half the battle lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom