Project reality

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Synchronicity, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Anyone still playing the BF2 mod? I know there has been a new update released recently and was thinking about reinstalling it. Has the BF2 engine lasted well or does it seem a bit dated now? I just need an alternative to ET QW as it seems to be getting a bit stale playing the same maps over and over and over again..

Any other quality multiplayer FPS or mods out there which I may not have tried,apart from the usual suspects which I have already tried, ie COD,Crysis,Left 4 Dead,etc

Waiting patiently for RTCW2 but need something other than ETQW to tide me over.Apparently Novalogic are making another game which is due out this quarter - Joint Operations was excellent but a little let down by the jerky engine - if they could make a game with JO gameplay and COD graphics then we would be laughing:lease: (I believe it is called Angel Falls but not been able to find any vids of it yet)

2. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Greg and Hawklord deserted? Used to be a time when you only had to mention PR and Greg would apear as if by magic to reccomend the IGI server:eek:

ah well,installing now so soon see if its any good:D

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +330
    I haven't played PR for over a year now, but, a lot of our clan members still do. We still have servers and they're all running the most recent release.
    I think Greg re-installed and had a game last week so maybe he can comment on how it's progressed;)
    I'm just waiting for Arma II and Operation flashpoint 2 before venturing back to clan gaming. Fallout 3 is keeping me busy at the moment and the odd game of WAW.

4. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    :smashin:Righto ,cheers squire.

Ive re installed everything but cannot get a list of servers up in PR,anyone got any suggestions?

edit:never mind,I only had 1.4 installed for BF2 not 1.41 :(

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  5. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Had a few games of this over the weekend and found it quite enjoyable - some of the maps are massive and really well done. Nowhere near as hectic as ET:QW and it can get a bit tedious travelling to the action sometimes but when your in a squad with people who know what they are doing the teamwork can be just as rewarding:smashin:

At the moment there seems to be a lot of noobs like myself so it is a bit chaotic.I imagine once everyone learns what they should/can do it will be a lot better.

6. namuk

namuk
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,332
    use to play that , it is more like a job than a game .. throwing rocks is fun though when you play as a civilian:D last time i played it there was hardley any servers about ..

7. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +11,768
    Crikey, didn't see this thread till today! Let me pounce. :D

:D iGi server : 193.33.186.46:16567

:rotfl: No I haven't deserted.

I hadn't played BF2 or PR for well over a year. Mainly because I thought the 0.7 update to PR was complete crap and destroyed it. Turned the game into a real chore and way too far into sim territory for my liking.

The rest of iGi were going ape over the 0.85 update, so after all this time I installed it again. It is superb, great new maps, weapons etc. All the crap that was in the previous version is gone. If you can look past the 3 year old graphics (which aren't that bad) then it is great. Certainly reinvigorated my love for PR. It's now back to a great game, amazing teamwork and a lot of fun.

Project Reality : Battlefield 2 Mod

8. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Im now undecided on the mod again - it can be extremley rewarding,when youve got a squad that knows what they are doing and are sticking together - I felt like I was Ross Kemp at one point:eek: BUT it can also be one of the most annoying games Ive ever played - spawn miles from the action,no vehicles for miles, then have to trek cross country till you get to some action then promptly get shot and killed instantly and do it all again:mad: