project mahem!!!

D

danny-p

Eventually got round to stripping out spaghetti junction and custom built a new av stand to hold all my equipment.
The jobs about 85% completed and will hopefully finish tonight.

Heres a couple of pics:-

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 341
heres the new av stand @ 85% .
Need to finish the top/bottom tonight then below the plasma c/saw two 2.5" holes near the centre of the top for the two cable pipes to go (1 video and the other power cables).
then push into place under screen.
Il post a pic when i'm finished.

Danny-p

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 327
very nice.
are you planning to make some glass doors for that cabinet to save on dust cloths?
Did you put some kind of padding between the panels to reduce vibrations from the speakers?

I like a slight incline for the plasma (I know the viewing angle does not matter novadays but I am always conscious of mine being parallel to the wall rather than my field of vision)

I have a stand like your old one and the cables are just all over the place. don't think I'll be building something quite so spectacular though. Probably just some rooting sleeve for cables.

Originally posted by deman77
very nice.
are you planning to make some glass doors for that cabinet to save on dust cloths?
Did you put some kind of padding between the panels to reduce vibrations from the speakers?

I like a slight incline for the plasma (I know the viewing angle does not matter novadays but I am always conscious of mine being parallel to the wall rather than my field of vision)

I have a stand like your old one and the cables are just all over the place. don't think I'll be building something quite so spectacular though. Probably just some rooting sleeve for cables.

Cheers Deman77,
The front left/right are not incontact with the floor and have spikes fitted to their base.
The centre speaker is fixed down with these rubber (kind of shock absorbing ) adhesive pads.
I'm still deciding on what to do about fitting glass doors etc to the front or whether to just leave it.....
Basically the design for the av stand is:-
Centre shelves holding the centre speaker dvd, sky,ps2, G cube and source selector are 18" deep (amp is 22" deep) and the top/bottom and sides are 24" deep to allow all equipment cables to be hidden from all angles when in position against the wall.
At the end of each shelf i panel pinned some hardboard then marked out where the power cables line up from each appliance and circular sawed a hole feeding cables through and likewise with the video cables.
I then pushed the av stand into position below the screen and from the terminal board (plasma) marked out where to mount the chrome sprayed waste piping.
Once marked using a 40mm circular saw i drilled on approx the right angle into the stand top for the pipes to line up with the wall below the screen.
So now the left pipe has the power cables in and r/side has video cables in to minimise interfearance.
Once done i hit the power and to my amazement all worked with correct sound.
But have since ordered the daddy of all component/coaxial cables from "Scorpion cables" (bargain) and on their arrival i'l be hopefully in for an easy task feeding these cables through the pipe.

Danny

Last thing......for those interested in my old glass/melamine av stand check out av hardware classifieds....under "practically free to a good home"

Elduderino

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom