• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Project Gotham Racing 4?

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date

dodger747

Prominent Member
Yeah if Madden had a spectator mode it would be even better for the Superbowl comp as people who are interested could watch the comp progress.

Heres hoping for future incarnations of the game.

ParmMann

Established Member
I gotta admit, of all the games, I'm looking forward to PGR4 the most. Moreso than Halo 3, the new Rainbow Six etc etc.

PGR3 is the most fun in gaming I've had in many years, for a launch title I think it's simply superb. It looks superb, sounds superb, and plays superb.
I have so much fun in the game, and I manage to do something different with a car each day.
It just has that buzz when you manage to slide into a corner just right, step on the gas at the perfect moment and fly out of the corner bulleting past a car or two, mmm mmmm.

The only real flaw with PGR3 for me is the people that play in online career. But, as with all games, and everything in the world for that matter, there's always a few bad apples who insist on ruining everybody elses experience.

Can't wait for PGR4 :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 92943

Hasn't been officially announced yet but i guess i say between 12 to 18 months

ParmMann

Established Member
What else would you guys like to see in PGR4?

I'd like the game to have all the cities featured in PGR3, and 3-4 new cities too.
For the new cities, oooh this is interesting:
Rome
Paris
Sydney
Bangkok

I'd also like to see a new game mode, "City Rally", where you have to race in two's. Here's my idea...
You have two people to each car, a driver, and a navigator in the passenger seat.
When racing, the driver will only have the speedometer and rev counter. No map, no lap counter etc.
The navigator will have the map on his screen, and be responsible for relaying that info to the driver via the Live headsets hehe.
Would be interesting at least ^_^

They'll have a lot of time to work on PGR4, and when they're totally used to the 360 hardware, they'll produce a true gem of a game.

Andywt

Standard Member
I'd like em to ditch the kudos thing and set it up like everyother racer ie, LAP TIMES !!!!!! .pgr3 Loses longevity for me because I ain't really interested in points , I like to improve my times on tracks.

Pooon

Distinguished Member
Things i'd like to see in PGR4:
Harder Platinum solo career(more like PGR2 please)
Online Kudos rank ala PGR2 to return
More Cities
The return of close racing, again ala PGR2
Race timer, with splits in all modes
Color glitch(i can dream)
The 'shift-glitch' to be acknowledged in the manual to clarify its 'status'
Or the removal of the above if needed
Slow/regular cars
Weekly ghost challenge to return
Ability to switch off the ghost in time trial mode
Ability to race other ghosts other than the world #1
Proper pre-release play testing to find any car that is easily better than the others like the F50gt in PGR3 and the TVR in PGR2 adn then remove it
16player online races(but only on certain tracks)

Just my 2p's worth :D

aftertaste

Established Member
What's the colour glitch?

I agree with all your suggestions, by the way. Especially the ability to turn off the ghost, and race against ghosts other than #1

O

orange66

Pooon said:
Things i'd like to see in PGR4:
Harder Platinum solo career(more like PGR2 please)
Online Kudos rank ala PGR2 to return
More Cities
The return of close racing, again ala PGR2
Race timer, with splits in all modes
Color glitch(i can dream)
The 'shift-glitch' to be acknowledged in the manual to clarify its 'status'
Or the removal of the above if needed
Slow/regular cars
Weekly ghost challenge to return
Ability to switch off the ghost in time trial mode
Ability to race other ghosts other than the world #1
Proper pre-release play testing to find any car that is easily better than the others like the F50gt in PGR3 and the TVR in PGR2 adn then remove it
16player online races(but only on certain tracks)

Just my 2p's worth :D

good list indeed. PGR2 felt more like what casual gamers were hoping for out of GT4, ie, it was just so so big, so many cars, but yet fun.

I think Bizarre admitted the TVR error with the download pack. That Radical evened the score big time. To be honest, they just need to stop playing favourites with Ferrari. The Mclaren F1 does not top out at 225, it tops out at over 240.

I want to see a HUGE list of cars in PGR4, including classics, so we can have some 70's racing.

I want to see the end of generic speedos for the bumper cams, and the proper dash dials for that car used instead.

I want to see at least 300 cars in the game, and if we have to buy half of them with micro payments from live, thats fine with me.

Weather would be nice too.

And the old test track / garage was way better than this spread-your-cars-over-the-planet thing they have.

Oh, and total contol of HUD options so we don't have to worry about image retention.

Kahled

Established Member
PGR4 would definately top my most wanted list as it is released, the MSR/PGR series has been IMHO the best racing series on any console with only Forza offering any real competition (GT for all its diversity was just too samey).

There are three things I would really like to see in PGR4 :

- A return of non-supercars so that Last Man Standing and Cat & Mouse can be played again as they were meant to be played.

- Bring back KGB corner (definately the best LMS track)

- Car customisation ala Forza.

Nice extras :

- If you have an online career again then turn off the collisions to stop all the whining and complaining.

- Rework reputation such that people cannot be given bad feedback which affects their reputation without at least two corroborating reports from the same session (honestly I stay away from the online career because I do not want to get my rep trashed by some 'tard who is just sore about losing).

Thekop

Established Member
I'd personally like to see a Forza 360 game before a new PGR gets released .. :smashin:

ush flynn

Prominent Member
orange66 said:
The Mclaren F1 does not top out at 225, it tops out at over 240.
yeah on an airfield or test ring... on a road track? no mate
Like others here id like to see laptimes and better damage

As for the rally idea that somebody came up with, sega GT online had that... the drivers vision was restricted and other player had to bring up signs for what kind of corner was coming up. Wasnt really all that great i didnt think

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom