Project Gotham Racing 3...

Benny06

Established Member
Reaction score
i got an in store deal from gamestation along with PGR3, i played it yesterday with my m8 and we were both horrified with how poor we thought it was!

what are your views on it? I'm taking it back on monday and swapping it for Rainbow Six Vegas. 'if theres any problems, or you dont like any of the games, bring them back within 7 days and we'll be happy to change it for a different one' - sales assistant.

First game I went online with although havent played it for ages - too many others going on.

Best bit is Nordschleife in Online Career, buy yourself a Koenigsegg and blat round it sub 6 minites and you're world ranking will drop like a brick - and seeing that happens get quite addictive.

Although, IMHO, the best racer on the 360 is Burnout Revenge, where the whole point is to make the other drivers eat concrete walls... :D

i got an in store deal from gamestation along with PGR3, i played it yesterday with my m8 and we were both horrified with how poor we thought it was!

QUOTE]

Well i think it's safe to say you're both in the minority with that one... The game is excellent, especially when you consider it was a launch title. Still holds it's own against newer titles.

Great both on and offline.

Yep, Paul's right.

PGR3 just tries too hard imo, and removes a massive amount of the fun. Burnout is just amazing to play, and it's fun. Which is the point as always.

i just found that the graphics were a let down, like the tarmac grass and barrieres etc etc for a £300 console i expected better.

^They had to rush it to get it out for launch day last year, although they(bizarre creations) will never admit this.
PGR3 is a good game, but its just not as good as PGR2 by a long way, but hopefully this will be resolved when PGR4 is released. The solo career part of pgr3 is he worst part of the game, its to short and too easy, but online almost saves it, you can have some good races in some of the challenges on Live Career and also with friends on Playtime, but the ammount of people on Live Career hat will try to spin you out does ruin it a little bit for a lot fo people. PGR3 is still the best racer on the 360, which is a shame really, but there shoyuld be some good racers coming out soon like Forza2 and GTR

i just found that the graphics were a let down, like the tarmac grass and barrieres etc etc for a £300 console i expected better.

You have to remember that it was a release title and the gfx are meant to be viewed whilst speeding past barriers,tarmac and grass.Like most games the gfx will not stand up to close examination.I liked it but havent got back into it since losing my saves to a dead 360!

Blimey, I think I must have a different version.
Still looks incredible to me, my mate just bought a 360 and PGR3 came with the bundle. Got me playing it again and I forgot how brilliant it is.

Got to agree with Pooon that PGR2 is better, still waiting for backward compat for that one (me thinks I'll be waiting some time ;) )

might sound like a stupid question...............but you have put the switch on the back of the console to HD :rolleyes:
the reason i ask is my mate brought on last week and didn't realize you had to do this until i told him . so for the first 2 days he was playing SD :suicide:

I believe Signs is talking about the SD/HD switch on the component cable.
If you are using vga there isn't one.

the one on the cable that goes into your xbox, (are you winding me up?:D )

I have a monster component cable(never used the std one) but when you spoke of a switch on the back of the 360 i thought that maybe i was about to unlock some awesome new res that i hadnt been reaching !

i liked pgr 3,yea it lacks a few things but you got to remember it was a release title.if you compare it to titles like tdu then yes its poor but at release what raceing games were out.i think there was only need for speed

yes mines on HD im not that silly :D

swapped it for test drive unlimited, and am enjoying it alot more.

some of you must be blind, ive been play PGR3 on SD and i think the graphics look absolutely incredible, almost real! cant wait till i get HD!....

Its a great game too.. just got a well nice Jag

TDU is excellent, Burnout similarly so and PGR 3 the pick of the launch titles for me. Not a bad start at all on the racing front.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom