1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Debut Phono SB - Speed change

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Phil.LFC, May 15, 2004.

1. Phil.LFC

Phil.LFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I'm about to purchase a new system which will comprise of Cambridge Audio Azur Amp & Cd player.
    I'm considering one of these turntables, mainly because of the electronic speed change. How fiddly is it to change the belt for different speeds on the other Project decks? My budget would allow me to buy a Project 1 expression & a project phono stage for £45. I know this would probably sound better but still not sure about this speed change thing! I have a lot of records of both speeds.
    :confused:

2. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not too fiddly, just involves lifting up the turntable plate and moving the belt from one speed wheel to the other.

Takes about 5 secs to do.

3. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,192
    Yep. It's dead easy. I had an old AR deck that had manual speed change. All I did was just play all 45's in a session and 33's the rest of the time. There is the added bonus that money saved on the speed change, is spent in improving sound quality in the other project decks.

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't make the mistake stump up another £45 and a project dealer can order you a speedbox!
    You plug your mains cable into it and then the cable from it to the turntable
    this will allow you to lose nothing but gain the much better quality of the expression!