1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project A Platinum

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by HMHB, Aug 25, 2002.

1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,753
    Just watching Project A Platinum Edition. The packaging says it is DD5.1 but when I play it my tv displays DD3/2. What's going on here as there doesn't seem to be any rear speaker output. Other DVDs play fine

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

I don't think the film has a DD 5.1 soundtrack on it. I think that HOng Kong Legends wanted to get a 5.1 soundtrack, but had to resort to a DD 2.0 Surround Sound instead.

However, the alternative, is that the 5.1 soundtrack applies ONLY to the English dubbed version, and not the Oriignal Language versions.

Hope that helps.

Pooch

3. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    3/2 would imply no subwoofer as on my Sony player and amp DD5.1 is displayed as 3/2.1 with the first 3 (front left, centre & righ) /2 (rear left & right) and .1 (subwoofer)

I find many HKL titles have poor bass as I presume original tracks are 1.0 or 2.0 especially with something as old as Project A. Can't remember with Project A but most do have some form of rear channel sound even if its very low, as HKL do some type of remaster on the track.

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,753
    I'll try turning the rear speakers up a little and see if I can hear anything (I was rather drunk when watching the other night!!)
    I still think they are taking liberties claiming DD5.1 sound though

5. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,540
    As far as i can remember, the cantonese soundtrack has 5.1, whereas the english version has 2.0