1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

projeciondesign model zero five projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gillra, Jan 20, 2004.

1. gillra

gillra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Does anyone know anything about this ProjectDesign model zero five projector? I seen it in Home Cinema Choice and on the web and it looks quite good.

2. jfinneru

jfinneru
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    nannestad, close to Gardermoen, the int airport in
    Ratings:
    +0
    here is a link to the norwegian producer:
    http://www.projectiondesign.com/projectors/action_zero_five.htm

single chip Matterhorn DLP™ technology
    1024 x 576 resolution (16 : 9 wide screen)
    6-segment, 5-speed, 9000 rpm, RGBRGB colour wheel
    1080i, 720p, 576i / 576p, 480i / 480p, PAL SECAM,
    NTSC, digital and analog RGB
    1.3x manual zoom, apochromatic glass lens,
    DCDi™ by Faroudja
    2300 : 1 (max)
    continuously adjustable 500 - 900 ANSI lumens
    250W UHP™ / 3000 hours (in low / eco power mode)
    YPBPR x2 component video
    S-Video
    Video
    DVI-D (HDCP compatible)
    VGA (RGBHV, RGBS, RGsB)
    RS232
    12V trigger x2 (screen drop, aspect ratio)
    IR remote control, with IR repeater input
    USB
    28 dB
    3.0 kg
    IR remote control, installation cable cover, optional air duct
    vanquish grey (original aston martin vanquish grey!)

be aware that this is a long throw pj. needs 4.86 m to fill a 100" screen
    same chassis as the projection design Action one.

here is also a small review posted in the norwegian avforum:

Today i saw at my local dealer the new Matterhorn Zero-Five model from projectiondesign, it was shown in a darkened room at a 92inch 1.0 gain screen. The movies they where showin was Chicken Run, Fast & Furious, James Bond
    Later on we also connected the HD2 model-One from Projectiondesign

Input:
    as input we only used the S-video, unfortunaly i can't tell the difference between the S-video input and the Progressive / DVI input, they did not have any DVD-player with this kind off connection, so i think cause the two projectiondesign models has the same kind of chasis and connections it must be the same with the model-One, so maybe someone can confirm this that the DVI works

Design:
    I heard only 1 month ago from this projector, and all i can say , that the Projectiondesign models has one off the best designs.

Brightness:
    The Brightness from the Zero-five model is 500-900 ansilumens, but boy this projector is bright enough for 120 inch screens or more, remember this projector was not calibrated, but i think if calibrated the picture would still bright enough

Blacklevel:
    The First thing i noticed was a very good blacklevel, the James Bond movie was showing a part in the Ice, and than i could say that black was really Black, and white was really White

Contrast:
    The Dark scenes has enough detail for not missing anything from the movie, for example Chicken Run , in the Dark scenes had enough punch and 3D , Perfect !!

Colors:
    Colors where very Natural , i think that maybe here we could tweak the Zero-Five a bit more, although the colors were ok, i think the colors were a little blur.

Comparison Zero-Five-> Model-One
    The last 30 min. we connected together the Zero-Five and the Model-One, the first thing we noticed was that the Zero-Five was brighter than the Model-one, the Black level was the same , contrast was i think due different settings a small bit better on the Model-One, when showing a movie it was hardly to tell wich one was better, the zero-five had better whites but the Model-one was a littel sharper due his higher resolution.

Conclusion
    This is a very good projector

3. Venom1969

Venom1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Price range? Around £2000?

4. jfinneru

jfinneru
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    nannestad, close to Gardermoen, the int airport in
    Ratings:
    +0
    more in the infocus5700 range. don't now how much you guys have to pay for it ( they sell all their models cheaper to domestic customers ;-)). if you send a mail to
    sales@projectiondesign.com , they can tell you where to get it in the UK

5. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RGB communications have the only reseller agreement with PD. I buy direct but can't resell to public..sorry. They do a variety of projectors based on the one chassis, and have two lens options..for both the SXGA and XGA model.

One is around 1.75-2.25:1 and the other is a 1:1. SXGA is 104% lens shift and the XGA is 109% offset.

If you want to speak to somebody then either RGB or Anders Lokke from PD will gladly help you out.

6. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have had this projector in my dem room recently.
    It's a good little unit but more expensive than other Matterhorn based DLPs like the Sim2 Domino 20.