Progressive...Z2 projector or 575 DVD ?

MacReady

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have just tried changing the settings on my Pioneer 575 DVD player and Z2 so that the projector is doing the prgressive scanning rather than the 575...but I am not convinced it is either better or worse :confused:

Which would most likely give the best image results as the process is not exactly done in secons so it is hard to tell by eye.

Kramer said:
Which ever looks better to you ;)

I deserve that :smashin:

When I posted it was difficult to get an idea of which looked better as it took a couple of minutes to do the swap from one to the other...but after a while I noticed the dreaded vertical banding that has been talked about so much on the Z2 was very noticable when using the projectors progressive scan.

Now I know that over on the AVS forums they have gone into great detail about how to partially eliminate this problem in the service menu but I am reluctant to start messing in there (still have nightmares about the service menu on my Tosh RPTV :eek: )

When I switched back to the 575 the vertical banding was all but gone but I was seeing a lot more edge enhancement and some fizzing around some areas that was not present when using the Z2..

I dont suppose there is an easy answer to trying to get the best of both worlds :(

i think is time to mess with the service menu ;)

just take note of all values before changing them....

booker said:
i think is time to mess with the service menu ;)

just take note of all values before changing them....

Dont make me.....I'm scared......Mummy :eek: :eek:

I would be interested to hear from any Z2 owners who have managed to elminate the vertical banding problem when using the on board progressive though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom