1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive what?!?!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andy76, Aug 9, 2002.

1. andy76

andy76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bare with me if this seems an obvious question.
    But what IS Progressive Scan and what does it do and what are its advantages (and disadvantages!)??

Haven't had a cinema system for several years now and though I keep thinking about one haven't got round to it.
    In the mean time loads of new things keep appearing of which I have not idea about most of them!!

On the same lines, what is a good Region 1 website to order from?

Other questions posted in relevant forums.

Andrew

2. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    www.futureent.com try them mate i use them all the time superb an quite cheap they are based in england to so free shipping.on the prog scan question its to complex for my feeble brain but i here the picture when used is kick ass :D

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A regular TV picture is interlaced and is composed of two fields. One field contains all the even scan lines. One field contains all the odd scan lines. Each field is presented sequentially. That's why you can see the screen flicker.

With progressive scan, both fields (i.e. all scan lines) are presented simultaneously yielding a non-interlaced picture which, as you might expect, is better.

Hope that makes sense :)

For R1 DVDs, I use www.futureent.com and www.play.com and www.cd-wow.com

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834