Progressive Signal via AV Receiver?

ahh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to put through a progressive signal from a DVD to a plasma display via an AV Receiver such as the Denon 3805?

There are 3 component inputs and a monitor out. So, if a progressive signal is fed to the receiver, would it be transmitted as is to the plasma? or is it processed in the receiver?

Most amps will simply pass the signal as it's recieved. So if you put a progressive scan signal into the 3802 if will put it out as a progressive signal.

"Transmitted as it is" to the Plasma is a point often debated. It depends on the video bandwidth of the amp, but IMO a quality bit of kit like the Denon does not have a visible impact on quality of the image. This has been debated a lot of these very forums.

Personally I have always used the amp for video switching as it keeps the system simple to use.

Thanks for that response. Was hoping that it would be so. :)

I am also planning to do all the video swithching via the receiver and was concerned that I may have lost the progressive signal.

I'm just wondering if you tried this and whether it worked OK? I have a Yamaha amp which has component inputs and outputs and I am thinking of feeding the video through it for easier source switching. My DVD player (a Denon 2200) and the TV ( a Panasonic PD30) are both PAL progressive so I don't want to lose this via the amp.

I have my Denon 3800 running through my Denon 3802 Amp and there is no problems with running Prog Scan, and no change in image quality, got the Xbox/GC/PS2 running through the other component input and there all prog scan ok too. Cant comment on the Yammy but im sure it will be fine.

Cheers buzzlightyear. I'll wire it up this weekend (its almost a two hour job these days with all the cables). Anything to simplify the number of buttons one has to juggle with..............(drives the wife mad too!)

I asked the saem type of question I think here, or did I

My Thead

Text of said thread:

AV Switching:

I have taken the plunge and just got a Denon 2803, which is fantastic, but want to use the component switching capability of it. I have a Panasonic XV10 that outputs in RGB via the scart, and a sky+ that does the same. But as I only have one RGB input on the TV, Panasonic 36PF10, want to use the RGB component switching of the Amp to have both devices outputing via RGB.

What do I need, is it simply a case of two Scart - thre RCA (RGB), and obne three RCA(RGB) - Scart, or am i missing a fundamanetal point here.

And was told it wont work, Or will it ????

If it does work, tell me where to get the cable from please.

Cheers

Dusty

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom