1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive Scan

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mobily, Aug 29, 2005.

1. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey all,

I own a Toshiba 28ZD26p television which is advertised as progressive scan. I have a dvd player which provides ntsc progressive scanning but unfortunately not pal progrsssive scan. If I were to upgrade and purchase a pal progressive dvd player would my tv be able to accept these signals? It has a component video input and the way I see it if it can accept progressive signals it should accept both ntsc and pal.

Any help gratefully received :)

2. Sofa1

Sofa1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    probably it would, but I wouldn't bother. progressive scan as a superior picture exist only in theory. in practice, its picture is too dark, too soft, to yellow and so on.

a friend of mine, who's into AV installation business, have been told me how progressive scan only makes sense with a system based on projectors. quote: large size picture from projector with a help of progressive scan gives a certain 'movie theater' picture feeling. even then, it's not the last word of sharpness and acurate colours, but you have a feeling like in the cinema.

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    no it wont accept it, it was made when pal progressive was not a standard.