1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive Scan???!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by MiamiLoco, May 21, 2001.

1. MiamiLoco

MiamiLoco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32" Wega with no PIP and the bottom speakers (What do I need good speakers and PIP if I just hook it up to my Receiver??). When I watch DVDs I always use the ANAMORPHIC feature. My DVD player has PROGRESSIVE Scan capabilities but my WEGA TV doesn't. Should I just get a NEW TV (that has progressive scan capabilities) or is it not worth it and just stick with my WEGA??

2. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Difficult to say, as my knowledge of the American TV market is limited. In the UK there are very few (possibly 2 via VGA inputs) TVs that will accept progressive scan inputs. I believe that HDTV sets in the states should be able to take the 480p signal from a progressive scan DVD player. Whether this is worth the upgrade would have to be determined by you getting a demo.

Hope this helps,
    Liam

3. MiamiLoco

MiamiLoco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well right now my WEGA is connected with component video. So the real question A)WEGA TV with the component video B)Buy a new TV so I can use my PROGRESSIVE SCAN?? There is a SAMSUNG 27" 16:9 that has Progressive scan, I have this TV in mind. Can I get a recommendation please

4. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Jose,

I think you may have more luck posting this query to the AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/), as the HCCO site tends to be more UK focussed (it being a UK magazine).

Cheers,
    Liam